Monday, July 25, 2005

“War of the Worlds” – I feel disappointed for the wrong reasons

.
.
After hearing about the movie and seeing that it got an “A” rating in The Star, me and my wife set aside our Sunday to see the movie. We arrived early and unexpectedly the crowd was thin, so we had the luxury of picking our seats. With 2 hours to spare, we made to Starbuck for our cappuccinos and my wife was asking about the movie, as it was my idea to see it in the first place.

When the time came, we promptly went into the cinema and what an opening it was! My wife and me were literally on the edge of our seats, heart thumping and were inches away from shouting, “Come man, run faster! The thing is just behind you!”

One hour into the movie…. And guess what…the sound went off! There we were watching the silent movie for 5 minutes, keep thinking the sound will come back. Someone from the front shouted “Hoi, mana sound lah?” A couple of “lovebirds” at side were busy themselves and I guess that they probably were not aware that the movie had no sound!

We waited, looking at each other until one of the guys stood up (shame on me for not) and went out bringing back the cinema attendant. Couple of minutes later, the lights came back and the cinema attendant informed us that there is a technical problem and they are fixing it now.

Thinking that the problem will be fixed in 5 minutes, my wife and me were talking of the scenes and “predicting” on what is going to happen next. Just then I heard a loud “bouncer-like” statement “Excuse all”…we turned and saw the manager (all right I am guessing here). He said that the system is beyond their repairs and as such, they will refund the money or we can opt for another movie.

My wife remarked that she knew that it was too good to be true of watching the movie in the most comfortable environment. We were disappointed…not at the movie…at the technical errors at the cinema.

It was too late for us to see other movie, so I opted for a refund. At least we saw the “opening” for free. As I was leaving the counter, I overhead the manager telling his staff that the sound system has “fried” (no wonder the sound was so “dahsyat” (means superb) during the opening!)

Disappointed indeed!
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info »