Friday, December 09, 2005

Will it be a Volvo or a Mercedes Benz?

.
(Volvo has certainly have come a long since the times when it was known as just another large box shaped car – Picture source: forums.autoweek.com)
.
I am in a dilemma now…should I buy a Volvo or a Mercedes Benz? Before you raise your eyebrows, don’t get me wrong, I have not won any lottery or inherited money from a long lost uncle. I am still driving the beat-up Proton Iswara and it is likely to driving the same beat up car for the next 5 years or so
.
No, no, it is not that. The Sports Toto Jackpot has been increasing for the last few weeks to RM6.60 million (as per the last count). In the event that I strike the big one (ya right!), it is almost 101% that I will be changing to a safer car (with a better technology). The question is which one. So, I called my friend who suppose to be an expert in cars (it was not Paul Tan), just to clear my “doubts”

Me: Macha, sorry to kacau you lah. Just need to ask you something on cars
Friend: No problem lah
Me: Which is better to buy – a Volvo or Mercedes Benz?
Friend: Who is asking?
Me: Me
Friend: Why? You strike lottery ah?
Me: Just tell me lah
Friend: Bloody hell, you won something didn’t you? When you going "belanja" me?
Me: Where got money? I did not win anything lah
Friend: Ya right! Anyway how come BMW is not in your list?
Me: * thinking – ya, why ah? *
Me: BMW maybe later lah, depending how much balance I have
Friend: Damn, I knew it! You won the jackpot ah? But how come the website still showing the $$?
Me: No lah, I am just checking in case I win something in future
Friend: You mean you did not win anything and yet call me when I am very busy to ask about cars that you cannot to buy?
Me: Ya *quieter tone*
Friend: Call me when you win something *slams down the phone*

Damn, I still not sure which car to buy now…BMW, Volvo or Mercedes Benz
.
(Filed under Del.icio.us Tag: Jokes)
.