Saturday, April 15, 2006

BJ Thoughts has moved!

.
I could be rushing on things but here it goes...

By now, some of you may have seen the other side of BJ Thoughts using Wordpress. After an almost a year at Blogger and several days of “parallel” run, time has come to migrate from the old house at Blogger to a new one at Wordpress.

I got involved with Wordpress by accident. Yes, I have heard of Wordpress before and there have been a number of posts on Wordpress version 2.0 in the blogsphere. Someone wanted to know a good tool for blogging and since they had the benefit of free server hosting, I recommended Wordpress as that is what the majority been using. However it was an irony that I was recommending something that I have not used myself. So I hopped over to Wordpress.Com and realized that they have free hosting for blogs similar to one at Blogger.

So, I weighted the advantages between Wordpress and Blogger to be sure that it is indeed worthwhile to move. After all just like moving house - that is a big and critical decision.

Wordpress

1. Definitely a better blogging management (it is properly laid out and has more management features compared to Blogger)

2. Integrated blog stats (this is not a big issue really but in Blogger, it means using a 3rd party stats facility. In Wordpress, it is there all at one place)

3. Better commenting system (very similar to Haloscan but without the limitation of 100 comments in the Haloscan’s free version…right?)

4. Cleaner interface to do “on the spot” editing on existing posts (I can just click on my older post and if I don’t like what I see, I can click immediately to edit. There is something similar in Blogger but in Wordpress, it is cleaner and fast)

Blogger

1. It is part of Google (do I need to say more? Wordpress.com is just starting out)

2. Integrated picture hosting (I thought it will be a problem because Wordpress does not have such features [yet] but I found a solution to link the pictures from Blogger to Wordpress. Besides, I still have Photobucket to stand by for hosting pictures for Wordpress)

3. Writing a new post is cleaner and easy (No offence to Wordpress but it is a difficult to write a post in Wordpress. The window is small and for some reason, Wordpress adds new codes to the html version of the new post. In Blogger, it is cleaner and I don’t have to double check the html codes before I click on the “publish” button)

4. Unlimited choice of template (free hands on the xhtml codes), plug-ins and hacks (I know Wordpress can do the same but when using the free hosting at Wordpress.com, choices are limited. However I am sure that things will change as more and more people starts to use their services. For now, I am happy with what I have for now in Wordpress)

Balancing the both, Wordpress has an edge – its management system wins hands down (I am sure a lot of “satisfied customers” will attest to this). I am sure it will be even powerful if I have my own domain. Of course, I will have the luxury of moving back to Blogger if things do not work out at Wordpress.com

And just like moving to a new house, there is still a lot of work to be done at the new house. I need to re-tag my older posts categories and readjust some of the pictures in some of the older posts.

So, here it is – the address for the new house:-

BJ Thoughts new URL:-

http://balajoe27.wordpress.com

BJ Thoughts new Feed URL:-

http://balajoe27.wordpress.com/feed/

See you there!
.
Del.icio.us Tag: Blogsphere


4 comments:

donavan84russell said...

Are you stuck in a job that is leading you on the path to no where?
We can help you obtain a College Degree with classes, books, and exams
Get a Genuine College Degree in 2 Weeks!
Well now you can get them!

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

Get these Degrees NOW!!!

BA, BSc, MA, MSc, MBA, PHD,

Within 2 weeks!
No Study Required!
100% Verifiable

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

These are real, genuine, They are verifiable and student records and
transcripts are also available. This little known secret has been
kept quiet for years. The opportunity exists due to a legal loophole
allowing some established colleges to award degrees at their discretion.

With all of the attention that this news has been generating, I wouldn't
be surprised to see this loophole closed very soon.

Get yours now, you will thank me later!
Call this number now (413) 208-3069
We accept calls 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

Anonymous said...

In addition to Haloscan there's ZoopIn ShoutOut at http://shoutout.zoopin.com It offers a few more features like threaded messages. I like the customizable CSS too. You can change it per comment page.

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Dysphagia dilantin depakote Real fat women fucking Prijsvergelijking pdas bookcases

Anonymous said...

Welcome to our website for you World of Warcraft Gold,Wow Gold,Cheap World of Warcraft Gold,cheap wow gold,buy cheap wow gold,real wow gold,sell wow gold, ...Here wow gold of 1000 gold at $68.99-$80.99 ,World Of Warcraft Gold,buy wow gold,sell world of warcraft gold(wow gold),buy euro gold wow Cheap wow gold,cheapest wow gold store ... buy euro gold wow wow gold--buy cheap wow gold,sell wow gold.welcome to buy cheap wow gold--cheap, easy,wow gold purchasing.World of Warcraft,wow gold Super ...
We can have your wow gold,buy wow gold,wow gold game,world of warcraft gold, wow Gold Cheap wow, Cheap wow gold,world of warcraft gold deal,Cheap WOW Gold ...

Welcome to our website for you World of Warcraft Gold,Wow Gold,Cheap World of Warcraft Gold,wow gold,buy cheap wow gold,real wow gold,sell wow gold, ...
Here wow gold of 1000 gold at $68.99-$80.99,World Of Warcraft Gold,buy wow gold,sell world of warcraft gold(wow gold),buy gold wow lightninghoof instock Cheap wow gold,cheapest wow gold store ...
wow gold--buy cheap wow gold,sell wow gold.welcome to buy cheap wow gold--cheap, easy, wow gold purchasing.World of Warcraft,wow gold Super ...
Wow gold- Gold for buy gold wow lightninghoof instock EU-Server: ...wow Gold EU: starting from 84,99?; 3000 WoW Gold EU: starting from 119,99?. wow Gold- Leveling Services: ...
We can have your wow Gold,buy wow Gold,wow Gold game,wow gold, Cheap wow Gold, Cheap World of Warcraft Gold,world of warcraft gold deal,buy cheap wow gold,Cheap WOW Gold ...

Here wow Gold of 1000 gold at $68.99-$80.99,World Of Warcraft Gold,buy wow Gold,sell world of warcraft gold(wow gold),Cheap wow gold,cheapest World of Warcraft Gold store ...